Our project focuses on empowering the Nepalese community and on using an incremental approach to rebuilding post-disaster. By transforming the temporary housing into permanent housing we:
- reduce issues of displacement, and strengthen communities
- increase a sense of ownership
- reduce cost that would normally be spread over several stages of housing
- provide a flexible framework in which varied family situations, personal preference and future adaptability is considered.
Other main considerations include:
- earthquake resistant construction
- community/self build project, which reinforces the community and also teaches skills to members of the community.
- low cost, sustainable, simple, fast building techniques and materials
- an extrapolation of the Kathmandu original city grid (the dissolution of which has contributed to Kathmandu's susceptibility to earthquakes and other infrastructure issues)
- allocating resources to sanitation facilities due to sanitation and health issues in Nepal and particularly Kathmandu
|功能/program：||城市规划 居住区规划 社区中心 节能建筑|